Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Bell Jar / 11 October 2009

So, I thought I'd post a quick recap of tonight's show; playlists, talking points, insults, etc. So, here we go...

01. "Us" by Regina Spektor
02. "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley
03. "Merry Happy" by Kate Nash
04. "Keep Breathing" by Ingrid Michaelson
05. "You Don't Know Me" by Ben Folds (Featuring Regina Spektor)
06. "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver
07. "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" by Paul Simon
08. "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell
09. "Five Years Time" by Noah and the Whale
10. "Heavy Cross" by The Gossip
11. "Peace Train" by Cat Stevens
12. "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls

For readings tonight, Rebecca read her poem "Across the Universe" and I read a prose-y vignette that I call "The Hourglass." Both of these were read at the Meet The Editors event for the SLC Review on Friday. Sorry we're so boring.

As for discussion points, apart from our usual banter, I tried to engage Rebecca into a discussion about how she hates how there are no boys on campus and she went into complete denial mode which made me look like a prize idiot. She followed this up by airing out my potentially transferring, so any quipping potential was quickly killed stone dead.

Any requests? Reminder that our show will not be happening next week, but everyone should still tune in.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment